Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 October 2014

American Horror Story (Series)



   The music that plays in the opening credits sets your mood for what is to come in the episodes. It is creepy and disturbing but you cannot look away. This was the first time that I watched American Horror Story and I finished it in one day. So, you know it is worth the watch. The first season (The Murder Show) alone is full of drama, sex, paranoia and numerous plot twists.

   All I have to say is; Evan Peters, his acting is on another level, the way he is able to play a depressed sociopath but at the same time convince the audience to like his character even more is the true essence of an actor. Evan Peters deserves recognition and I cannot wait to watch the second season (Asylum) to see the new character he plays and also how he presents is to the audience.

   I am already so hooked; as we speak I am loading the second season (Asylum) to watch. No breaks, no rests, just full on marathon mode. Hopefully I finish all three seasons in time for the premiere of the fourth season (Freakshow).

RATING: 5/5


   Don’t let the demons bite or do, YOU FREAKS!!!


   Let me start off by saying that the opening credits gets scarier by the season. Since I saw the opening credits for the fourth season (Freakshow), I can say that it is a fact that the creators of American Horror Story is trying to get you scared.

   Lana Winters, let’s talk about her. In the beginning I will admit I felt sorry for her. She struggled to become a serious Journalist while hiding away her sexuality to do so; but after finishing the season I could not help but get mad at her for taking advantage of everyone. She was being such an opportunist.

   The actress who plays her on the other hand is incredible. Sarah Paulson is a magnificent actress; she was good in season 1 (Murder House) but her character was not seen as much as she was in season 2 (Asylum).

   One more thing, pay attention to episodes 9 through 12 because episode 12 can get a bit confusing with the years shown during the flashback sequences.

RATING: 4/5

   Don’t let the demons bite or do, YOU FREAKS!!!



Synopsis
   The third season primarily follows the antics and events of a coven of Salem descendants who reside within a boarding school, Miss Robichaux's Academy, centered in New Orleans, Louisiana. The academy is run by Headmistress Cordelia Foxx (Sarah Paulson), who has always lived in the shadow of her mother, Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange). Fiona is the Coven's "Supreme", a witch born every generation who embodies countless gifts and magical abilities, namely, the Seven Wonders of Witchcraft; the Supreme is the head of the Coven. Danger lurks inside the academy's past due to the mysterious butler Spalding(Denis O'Hare) and his relationship with Fiona. The entire coven is assessed and evaluated by the Council of Witchcraft, which includes Fiona's old rival and Cordelia's mother figure, Myrtle Snow (Frances Conroy).
My Thoughts
   Loved the drama in this season. It was not too much nor too little; it was just right. Unlike Asylum where there was so much going on in a short amount of time that it got confusing in certain episodes. 

Do not get me wrong I still enjoyed Asylum very much; I just had to pay close attention. 


   I was disgusted by what happened to Evan peters' character in episode 3 (The Replacements) but by the end I was content. It was just so awkward I wanted to close my eyes... And I was watching it alone.

   Now Sarah Paulson, she owned this season again with her acting skills. Playing cordillia, head mistress of the academy, She went from being a vulnerable girl looking for approval from her self-absorbed mother to an independent strong women looking after upcoming witches. 

   Through my eye taissa farmiga's character is exactly the same as her character in season 1; at least personality wise. 

   This season had so much emotion, I caught myself numerous amount of times rewinding scenes just so I can feel the emotion again and again.

RATING: 4/5

    Don’t let the demons bite or do, YOU FREAKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment