Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Bucket List - Horns


   Last month I posted my "Top 10 upcoming movies of 2014" so, I came up with the idea to post reviews entitled "Bucket List" because the movies that were on my list are just like a bucket list in a way, at least for a horror movie fan like me. This is my third most anticipated horror movie of the year.

Synopsis
   Horns, a supernatural thriller driven by fantasy, mystery and romance, follows Ig Perrish, the number one suspect for the violent rape and murder of his girlfriend. Hungover from a night of hard drinking, Ig awakens one morning to find horns starting to grow from his own head and soon realizes their power drives people to confess their sins and give in to their most selfish and unspeakable impulses – an effective tool in his quest to discover the true circumstances of his late girlfriend’s tragedy and for exacting revenge on her killer.
My Thoughts

   Being a fan of Daniel Radcliffe’s previous movies, it was a must for me to watch Horns; especially since various bloggers said that Horns was a “horror thriller”. Now, the one thing I want everyone to know is that Horns is nowhere near a Horror movie, it is more of a black comedy kind of thriller. Although I can see why some people might think of Horns as a Horror movie, the fact that is involves the Devil and religion is more than common in the horror world; especially within this year.


   Overall, I liked the movie, the emotions, and the characters. I may have not read the book but the movie itself was a good relaxer from the usual intense horror that I am used to. Though at some points in the movie I felt as though the dialogue became corny and cliché which was somewhat unnecessary to the synopsis of the movie, I did however enjoy the dialogue during Daniel Radcliffe’s devilish alter ego.


   I do indeed recommend Horns, not highly, but it is worth the watch if you want a break from most paranormal entity driven movies that have been released this year.


RATING: 3/5


   Don’t let the demons bite or do, YOU FREAKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment