Total Pageviews

Saturday 29 November 2014

Bucket List - Ouija



   Last month I posted my "Top 10 upcoming movies of 2014" so, I came up with the idea to post reviews entitled "Bucket List" because the movies that were on my list are just like a bucket list in a way, at least for a horror movie fan like me. This is my seventh most anticipated horror movie of the year.
Synopsis
   The film opens with a young Laine Morris and Debbie Galardi playing with a Ouija board in Laine's room, only to be interrupted by Laine's sister Sarah. The scene then forwards to present day, where Debbie is playing with the board by herself and is so unnerved by what she experiences that she tries to burn the board and planchette before calling Laine. Concerned, Laine comes over but is sent away by Debbie, who goes upstairs only to find the board on her bed. Her eyes turn white and she hangs herself.


My Thoughts
   A few days ago I finally got the chance to watch Ouija and I was still excited despite the mixed reviews I got from social media. But after I finished watching the film I did not feel anything; there was nothing that made me love nor hate it. I did however feel as though Ouija was very much early 90’s horror inspired. If this movie was set in the 90’s or actually filmed in the 90’s and then I watched it knowing that, then maybe I would have liked it better because it remind me of movies like Final Destination, Blair Witch Project.
    Ouija was very simple and the scares were not that scary, again if this movie was made in the 90’s it would have made more sense because the movie was mostly the audience witnessing the characters thrill and fear. The only time I saw myself getting scared was when I heard loud sound effects of screams because it was so sudden.
   Strangely, unlike most of my reviews I have mixed feelings toward Ouija so I do not know if I want to recommend it or not. So, if you like 90’s movies watch it because you will enjoy it. If you want to watch a horror movie that is new and different, do not watch this movie. Ouija is a movie that others either hate or love and unfortunately me being me I am stuck in the middle.
RATING: 2.5/5
   Don’t let the demons bite or do, YOU FREAKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment